The parties agree this NC Lease may be signed electronically by typing signature and sending via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please fill in the blanks, then send copy to Owner
This Short-Term Rental Agreement is made between Mae Creadick, “Owner” of Buncombe County, NC and “Guest” __________________________of ______________ County, ____as outlined in this online booking site through Airbnb or VRBO as of the date booked on that site. For good and valuable consideration, the parties agree as follows:
PROPERTY: The rental property identified in the Airbnb or VRBO booking site is fully furnished with amenities listed on the booking site.
RENTAL PARTY: The rental party shall be no more than allowed through the booking site.
TERM OF LEASE: As agreed to on Airbnb or VRBO, the lease begins at ___ p.m. on the Check-in Date and ends at ___a.m. on the Check-out Date.
CHECK-IN/CHECK-OUT TIMES: Due to high demand for the cabins and lengthy cleaning procedures between guests, we cannot accommodate early check-ins or late check-outs. Guest will be charged $50/hour for early check-ins or late check-outs. This does not grant guest permission to check-in early or check-out late. Please be respectful of our housekeeper’s time.
MINIMUM AGE: Primary responsible party must be 21 years of age unless Guest has approval of Owner.
RULES: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Exhibit A while at the property.
ACCESS: Guest shall allow Owner access to the property for purposes of repair, hot tub cleaning, trash removal, landscaping work and inspection.
RATE AND FEES: Fees are specified through the online booking site for this listing.
CANCELLATION POLICY: The cancellation policy of the booking site shall apply to this agreement. We highly recommend guests purchase affordable travel insurance when booking, or through the following sites: travelguard.com/vacationrental/ www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/ www.rentaltravelinsurance.com/ www.vacationprotection.com
REFUNDS: If Guest wishes to cancel a reservation, the booking site refund policy shall apply. Owner is not responsible for guest’s inability to reach the property due to bad road conditions, or improper equipment. Guest agrees he or she is responsible for having a proper vehicle or equipment to travel to the property during weather events.
PLEASE NOTE: We have a strict cancellation policy. Please purchase travel insurance.
DAMAGE DEPOSIT. The damage deposit of the online booking site shall apply to this agreement. No charges will be incurred if the following provisions are met:
- No damage is done to the cabin or cabin property, hot tubs or landscape.
- No charges are incurred due to contraband, smoking, pets or collection of rents or services.
- All check-out procedures are followed. Procedures are posted on-site in each cabin kitchen, and in our house manual on site.
- All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
- No property is lost or damaged.
- No early check-in or late check-out without prior approval of owners.
- The renter is not evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner) or law enforcement.
PHONE AND WIRELESS: Owner provides wireless internet access during guest’s stay. The username and password will be available upon check-in. Guest agrees to bring their own cell phone to use via wireless service during their stay as there are no telephones on site.
The parties agree to the terms of this NC Short Term Rental Agreement, which the parties agree may be electronically signed by typing signatures.
Owner: M. Mae Creadick, Cell: 828-808-7514
Guest typed signature: ________________________________________________
PET ADDENDUM FOR MODCABINS, LLC.
With permission of the owner, Guest may bring ______ pet(s), named _________________________________, ages ______________. We LOVE puppies, but as their behavior is unpredictable, they are not allowed on the property.
- Owner charges a minimal $50 pet fee as long as guest abides by this agreement, and leaves no trace of the pet after departure.
- Guest agrees the pet will not be allowed on furniture, in hot tub or shower, and Guest will not use cabin towels for pet. Guest will bring towels and bedding to accommodate the pet.
- Pet food should not be left outdoors which attracts wildlife.
- Guest agrees the pet will be kept leashed outdoors for the safety of the pet from wildlife, and safety of neighbors and other guests on the property.
- Guest agrees to clean up after their pet both inside and outside. Guest will remove pet fur from the cabin and pet waste from around the property and place bagged pet waste in exterior garbage cans. Any excessive cleaning due to pet, or damage caused by pet will be taken out of the security deposit. If the security deposit is not sufficient to cover damage, Guest agrees he/she will promptly pay Owner for any damage caused by pet.
- No pets will be allowed on the property that have a history of property damage or harming people or other pets. Guest confirms that pet(s) has no history of property damage or harming people or other pets.
- All pets must be current on vaccinations. Guest confirms that pet(s) is current on all shots and vaccinations.
- Only Guest’s pet is allowed on the property.
- Guest agrees to keep his/her pet under control at all times, so that the pet does not disturb other guests or neighbors. For example, guests must keep their pet from barking between normal sleeping hours of 9pm and 9am.
- Guest agrees they will not leave their pet unattended indoors unless crated, or unattended outdoors. Guest will not allow pet to bark continuously outdoors or indoors with windows open, which disturbs neighbors. Guest agrees to keep the pet with them while away from the cabin for long periods during the day or at night. The Shope Creek area has active bears that have been known to harm pets, and it is not safe to leave pets tied up at the cabin.
- Guest assumes any and all liability for any damage pet causes, or harm pet causes to the property or person of others. Guest agrees to hold Owner harmless for any damage or injury their pet causes others. Owner recommends Guest obtain renter’s insurance that covers pets. Some suggestions include http://www.travelguard.com/vacationrental/ http://www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/ http://www.rentaltravelinsurance.com/
- Approval of the pet is conditioned on Guest’s continued compliance with this policy.
Guest typed signature: _____________________________________________________
Exhibit A–RENTAL RULES
So that we may provide the best experience for you and our future guests, we ask that you agree to the following rules:
- Secure Property and Garbage: Please lock the doors and windows when you leave the cabin. Do not leave food or garbage outside as this may attract unwanted critter visits.
- No Smoking: All of our cabins are 100% smoke-free.
- No Overnight Guests: People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight on the property. Any other person on the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
- Assumption of Risk: This cabin is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. Owners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
- Property Damage: If property inside or outside the cabin is damaged, please notify Owner so that repairs can be made, or items can be replaced before the next guest arrives. We understand accidents can happen. Guest agrees to replace damaged property.
- Appliance Use: Only use appliances for their intended uses. Do not remove the wall-mounted remote for the minisplit heat and AC units.
- Approved Pets Only: No pets unless signed and approved Pet Addendum and paid fee.
- Parking: Parking for two vehicles is provided in designated spaces next to each cabin. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner. The cabins cannot accommodate vehicles with trailers or RVs.
- Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included. We stock the cabins with enough bath and paper products for your first two nights; Guest is responsible for the remainder. Guest agrees to follow basic check-out procedures posted in kitchens on site.
- Fireplace and Fire Pit: Guests provide their own firewood, available at local grocery stores. Guest agrees to exercise extreme caution using porch fireplace and fire pit. Do not use lighter fluid or gas to light porch fireplace fires. Fireplace screen must be used at all times. Fires will not be burned during “no burn” periods as recommended by local officials. Guest agrees they will not leave fires unattended. Guest agrees they will extinguish fires using ashes or baking soda, and not dispose of hot ashes from fireplace or fire pit.
- Water and Septic: PLEASE do not flush anything other than septic safe toilet paper down the toilet. No baby wipes or feminine products should be flushed at any time. If it is found products have been flushed and clog the system, Guest will be charged damages for repair
- Kitchen Sink. There is no garbage disposal at the cabin. Please do not put any food, grease or other items down the sink that will clog up the system.
- Storms: No refunds will be given for storms. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep and can be snowy or icy; please use caution and come prepared with AWD, 4×4 and/or chains to navigate Asheville roads. We do not refund due to road conditions or other effects from storms or other events.
- Garbage: Please remove garbage when full and when you check-out. If mobility issues prevent you from removing garbage, please notify Owner so that we may accommodate you. Do not leave garbage on the porch which will attract unwanted critters.
- Hot Tubs: Hot tubs are not to be used by children without adult supervision. Do not bring bath products, food, drinks or toys into hot tubs. Follow all hot tub rules posted on-site. Hot tubs are cleaned and treated prior to each guest’s arrival. Guests are responsible for any damages caused to the hot tubs.
- Outdoor Spaces: Modcabins Shope Creek property is divided into three portions for use by separate cabins. Our A-Frame property is not subdivided. Please respect the space of the other guests, stay within the cabin’s designated areas, and be mindful of your noise level. Quiet hours begin at 10pm – 8am. This is strictly enforced by property management. Sound is amplified in this mountain valley, so no house parties, outdoor music or fireworks.
- Use of Loft: Some cabins offer a loft accessible by a ladder which is not suitable for small children under age 7 or adults with mobility issues. Note also the loft ceilings are very low. Due to low ceilings and smaller beds, the sleeping loft is more suitable for children. For younger children (age 7 and over), the loft should be used with adult supervision only. Please exercise extreme caution when using the loft ladder and loft. Ladder weight limit is 250 lbs. Only one person at a time should use the ladder. Guest agrees that small children (younger than 7) and adults over 250 lbs, or persons with mobility issues, will not use the loft or loft ladder, and only use the downstairs bedroom.
- Airstream: Please, no pets or children in the airstream.
- Indemnification: By consenting to these rules, you agree that you accept the conditions of the cabins. Modcabins, its owners and affiliates, are not liable for any personal injuries resulting from staying in or using the cabins. The signer indemnifies and holds Modcabins, is owners and affiliates, harmless against any and all such claims, including attorney’s fees incurred in defense of such claims.
- Bridge and Creek: The cabin is located on property along the beautiful Shope Creek. Like any body of water, Shope Creek can be dangerous, especially during storms when the water moves very quickly and a person can be swept away in moments. Guest agrees to supervise children at all times at the creek and bridge, and exercise extreme caution with the bridge and creek. Guest agrees there will be no trespassing on the neighbor’s foot bridge located near the property.
- Telephone: Modcabins does not provide telephones in the cabins. Therefore, guest agrees to bring a cell phone to the cabin for use in the event of an emergency. Our wireless service will allow guests to have cell phone service, but in the surrounding mountains and hiking trails, there is often no cell service.
- Liability: Modcabins accepts no liability and will not pay any compensation where the performance of its obligations is prevented or affected directly or indirectly by or as a result of force majeure or any circumstances beyond its reasonable control including, but not limited to, flood, earthquake, extreme adverse weather conditions, natural disasters, other acts of God, acts of terrorism, fire or failure of electric power, gas, water, or other utility service, plant machinery, computers, vehicles or collapse of building structures. Modcabins will not be responsible for the loss or damage of any property left in or around a cabin other than as required under North Carolina law. Modcabins will not be liable for any indirect, consequential loss or pure economic loss (whether caused by the negligence of the company, its employees, contractor, agents or otherwise). The company’s total liability shall not exceed the value of this contract. Nothing contained in these terms and conditions may be read or construed as excluding any liability for death or personal injury caused by Modcabins’ negligence or liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation. These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of North Carolina, without regard to conflict-of-laws principles.
Thank you! We hope you enjoy your stay.